- Choose to file personally OR
- Choose to appoint a representative
- BUT DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!!!!! If you don't claim it, it won't be claimed for you!
The POSITIVE side is:
- Whether personally filing a claim with the VA or choosing an appointed rep, you can request and pick up or have mailed to you all your medical documents.
- You can organize them for easy accessibility.
- Your research will be more thorough since you only have to research one vet...You.
- You have a chance to note all your medical problems.
- You cut out a lot of wait time since you concentrate on one person (you) not multi-veterans like the rep or adjudicator.
- You know how much information is submitted.
- You are able to include other documents such as magazine articles.
- YOU WILL KNOW BEST WHAT DISABILITIES TO FILE THAT PERTAIN TO YOUR NEEDS.
The NEGATIVE side is:
- You have to personally request your medical documents from the organizations necessary.
- You will have to organize and read these documents in order to find information.
- Research on the computer is a major factor.
If you choose OPTION 3, then here is where I come in with some steps you can take for doing your own research.
Click the Links in Navigation at the Left for Steps in Option 3